Veterinary Specialty Services
1021 Howard George Dr
Manchester, MO 63021
Veterinary Specialty Services provides advanced specialized care for animals, collaborating with veterinarians throughout the St. Louis area, and beyond. We are a 24-hour specialty and emergency hospital committed to providing excellent, advanced care. Our state-of-the-art facility is fully equipped with advanced diagnostic equipment. We are looking to add talented experienced veterinary technicians to our team. We have both full time and part time openings available at our main location in Manchester, MO.
Responsibilities and Duties
Our ICU/ER specialty technicians work four 10 hour shifts per week. We are currently hiring for our 2:00pm - 12:00am shift (shift differential applies for weekend shifts). We offer a consistent set schedule each week and the flexibility to trade shifts.
Responsibilities - include but are not limited to:
- Provide nursing care to critically ill hospitalized patients in conjunction with specialty and emergency veterinarians. Triage patients presenting on emergency, assist with diagnostics and treatments of emergency patients.
- Provide restraint of patients to assist with exams and patient care
- Obtain blood samples, place IV catheters, set up and continuous care for critical hospitalized patients.
- Post-op patient recovery monitoring
- Observe patients and recognize subtle changes in status
- Perform physical exams on veterinary patients including obtaining vitals (TPRs, CRTs etc.)
- Properly perform medical treatments on hospitalized patients including administering PO, IM, Sub Q and IV medications
- Check in a clients after hours, enter charges, process payments, retrieve previous medical history
- Perform drug calculations including CRI calculations and calculate fluid rates.
Qualifications and Skills
- Two years of previous veterinary technician experience
- Experience at a Specialty Veterinary Hospital or Emergency Hospital is preferred.
- Completion of an accredited Veterinary Technology Program and current RVT license is preferred.
- Highly motivated, team players, with a positive attitude. Additionally, you must be able to work efficiently, with an emphasis on multi-tasking and prioritization, and be able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
Opportunities for Advancement:
There are multiple opportunities for advancement to different veterinary technician and leadership roles throughout the hospital as you gain knowledge and look to advance your career. We work hard to provide employee development, additional education and support for our team.
Experience: Veterinary Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
Education: Associate (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
Overtime often available: Yes