20 CSR 2270-1.021 Fees
PURPOSE: This rule establishes the various fees authorized in Chapter 340, RSMo.
(1) The following fees are established by the Missouri Veterinary Medical Board:
(B) Veterinary Technicians—
1. Registration Fee $ 50
2. Reciprocity Fee $ 50
3. Grade Transfer Fee $ 50
4. Provisional Registration Fee $ 50
5. Annual Renewal Fee—
A. Active $ 20
(I) Effective September 1, 2017 to August 31, 2018 $ 5
B. Inactive $ 10
(I) Effective September 1, 2017 to August 31, 2018 $ 5
6. Late Renewal Penalty Fee $ 50
7. Name Change Fee $ 15
8. Wall Hanging Replacement Fee $ 15
(2) All fees, with the exception of those noted in section 340.232, RSMo, are nonrefundable.
20 CSR 2270-1.031 Application Procedures
PURPOSE: This rule outlines the procedure for application for licensure as a veterinarian or registration as a veterinary technician.
(1) Application for licensure or registration must be made on the forms provided by the board. Application forms may be obtained by requesting them from the executive director, Missouri Veterinary Medical Board, PO Box 633, Jefferson City, MO 65102.
(2) An application must be legible (printed or typed), signed, notarized, and accompanied by the appropriate fees. The fee must be in the form of a cashier’s check, personal check or money order.
(3) The following documents must be on file for an application to be considered complete:
(A) Completed application;
(B) Appropriate fee;
(C) Proof of acceptable educational credentials as evidenced by an official transcript sent directly to the board by the school.
(D) Two (2) current, standard passport photos, black and white or color, one and one-half inches by two inches (1.5" × 2.0"), with applicant’s signature on the back of each.
(4) All forms must be completed and received by the board by the established deadline.
20 CSR 2270-1.040 Name and Address Changes
PURPOSE: This rule outlines the requirements for notifying the board of name and address changes.
(1) All individuals licensed as veterinarians or registered as veterinary technicians shall ensure that the license/registration bears the current legal name of that individual.
(2) A licensee/registrant whose name is changed, within sixty (60) days of the effective change, shall—
(A) Notify the board of the change and provide a copy of the appropriate document indicating the change;
(B) Pay the name change fee prescribed in 20 CSR 2270-1.021;
(C) Request from the board a new license/registration bearing the individual’s new legal name; and
(D) Return the current license/registration and the original wall-hanging certificate bearing the former name.
(3) A licensee/registrant may request a replacement wall-hanging certificate by paying the wall-hanging replacement fee.
(4) A licensee/registrant whose address has changed from that printed on the certificate must inform the board of those changes by sending a letter to P.O. Box 633, Jefferson City, MO 65102 within thirty (30) days of the effective date of the change.
20 CSR 2270-1.050 Renewal Procedures
PURPOSE: This rule provides information to veterinarians licensed and veterinary technicians registered in Missouri regarding renewal of their license or certificate of registration.
(A) “Inactive veterinarian or inactive veterinary technician” is defined as a currently licensed veterinarian or registered veterinary technician who has signed an affidavit that s/he is not practicing or involved in any aspect, administrative or otherwise, of veterinary medicine in Missouri as defined in section 340.200(28), RSMo;
(B) “License” shall include certificate of registration and the term “licensee” shall include registrant; and
(C) “Retired veterinarian or veterinary technician” is defined as a veterinarian or veterinary technician who has signed an affidavit that s/he is not practicing veterinary medicine as defined in section 340.200(28), RSMo.
(2) Renewal of an Active or Inactive License/Certificate of Registration.
(B) In order for a veterinary technician to renew the active or inactive certificate of registration, the licensee shall submit the following to the board office prior to the expiration date of the registration:
1. A completed and signed renewal application, which has been signed by the supervising veterinarian and certifies that the licensee has completed the required number of approved continuing education credits in accordance with 20 CSR 2270-4.050; and
2. The appropriate renewal fee.
(C) If a veterinary technician is not employed under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian, his/her certificate of registration will be placed on an inactive status. An inactive veterinary technician shall sign an affidavit stating that s/he will not practice as a veterinary technician in Missouri and submit that affidavit with the renewal application and the appropriate fee to the board office.
(D) Failure to provide the requested information will result in the renewal application being returned to the licensee.
(E) Failure of a licensee to receive the notice and application to renew his/her license/registration shall not excuse him/her from the requirements of sections 340.258 or 340.314, RSMo to renew that license/certificate of registration.
(F) Failure to renew a license/registration, either active or inactive, within thirty (30) days of the license renewal date shall result in the license/certificate of registration being declared noncurrent as authorized by sections340.258 or 340.314, RSMo.
(G) Any licensee who fails to renew his/her license/registration or whose license/certificate of registration has been declared noncurrent shall not perform or offer to perform any act for which a license is required.
(3) Restoration of a Noncurrent License/Certificate of Registration.
(B) Any veterinary technician whose registration has been declared noncurrent under section 340.320.2, RSMo and who wishes to restore the certificate of registration shall make application to the board by submitting the following within two (2) years of the registration renewal date:
1. An application for renewal of registration;
2. The current renewal fee and all delinquent renewal fees as set forth in 20 CSR 2270-1.021;
3. The penalty fee as set forth in 20 CSR 2270-1.021;
4. Certification of completion of the required number of approved continuing education credits in accordance with 20 CSR 2270-4.050; and
5. Verification of employment under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian.
(4) Inactive License/Certificate of Registration.
(A) A veterinarian or veterinary technician may choose to place his/her license/registration on an inactive status by signing an affidavit stating that s/he will not engage in the practice or be involved in any aspect, administrative or otherwise, of veterinary medicine in Missouri and submitting that affidavit with the renewal application and the appropriate fee to the board office. The license/certificate of registration issued to all these applicants shall be stamped “Inactive.”
(C) In order for a veterinary technician to activate an inactive registration, the licensee shall submit to the board office:
1. The renewal application which shall certify that the licensee has completed the required continuing education credits in accordance with 20 CSR 2270-4.050;
2. The balance of the active renewal fee;
3. The license stamped “Inactive”; and
4. Verification of current employment under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian.
(D) The board will issue an active license/certificate of registration, which shall be effective until the next regular renewal date. No penalty fee shall apply.
(5) Retired License/Certificate of Registration.
(A) A veterinarian or veterinary technician may place his/her license/registration on a retired status by signing an affidavit stating the date of retirement and submitting that affidavit with the renewal application to the board office. No fee is required and no certificate will be issued. The retired status will prevent the license/registration from being declared noncurrent pursuant to section 340.258.5, RSMo.
(C) If a retired veterinary technician decides to again practice veterinary medicine, s/he shall submit to the board office a completed renewal application along with the current renewal fee. The renewal application shall verify current employment under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian and certify completion of the required number of approved continuing education credits in accordance with 20 CSR 2270-4.050. The board will issue an active registration which shall be effective until the next regular renewal date. No penalty fee shall apply. The board reserves the right pursuant to section 340.268, RSMo to direct any such applicant to take an examination(s) to reactivate his/her registration.
(D) Any retired veterinarian or veterinary technician or any veterinarian or veterinary technician with an inactive license is not currently eligible to practice in Missouri and will be subject to disciplinary action under sections 340.264, 340.294 and 340.330, RSMo if s/he practices or offers to practice in Missouri.